For individuals whose work functions include Screening by X-Ray, as per the function matrix.
Module 1 - The Threat to Aviation
Module 2 - Security in the Aviation Industry
Module 3 - The Trainees Role
Module 6 - Overview of Cargo and Mail
Module 8 - Acceptance and Dispatch of Cargo and Mail
Module 9B - Prohibited Article and Concealments for Screeners
Module 10 - Visual Check
Module 13 - Screening using X-ray Equipment (inc. Explosive Detection Systems [EDS] and Computer Tomography [CT])
Module 14 - Threat Image Projection (TIP)
Course Aims and Objectives:
- To ensure that trainees know the threat to the aviation industry
- To ensure that trainees understand the organisation of aviation security and the role they play to contribute to security.
- To ensure that trainees understand what they must do to establish a robust and resilient aviation security culture.
- To ensure that trainees understand the nature of cargo and mail.
- To ensure that trainees understand the requirements for the acceptance and dispatch of secure air cargo and mail.
- To ensure that trainees understand the background to the screening of cargo and mail and are able to respond appropriately to the discovery of prohibited articles. This module must be accompanied by a practical day.
- To ensure trainees are able to carry out an effective visual check of cargo. This module must be accompanied by a practical day.
- To ensure that trainees are able to operate x-ray equipment to a standard which allows them to detect prohibited articles reliably. This module must be accompanied by a practical day.
- To ensure that trainees know the concept of threat image projection and are proficient in its use.