Course aims & objectives
HAE Training have designed a bespoke one-day UK DfT Recognition of Firearms, Explosives & Incendiary Instructor course which encompasses both the UK DfT syllabus, and key experience from our training team that have had extensive aviation security and military careers. The course is designed to upskill current RFX Instructors with previous basic knowledge along with current threats and incidents related to firearms, explosives and incendiary materials.
COURSE AIMS & OBJECTIVES:
1. To give delegates an understanding of the varying types of detection equipment and methods available to detect firearms, ammunition, explosives and incendiary devices.
2. To ensure that delegates have an understanding of the threat posed by Chemical, Biological, Radiological and nuclear weapons.
3. For delegates to be able to explain the impact Dangerous Goods have on aviation.
4. To enable delegates to understand their responsibilities as an RFX instructor.
Module 01 - Introduction to Explosives, Incendiaries, their Effects and Composition.
1.1 - Introduction to Explosives and Incendiaries.
1.2 - Explosive and Incendiary Devices and their Components Parts.
1.3 - The Effects of Explosive and Incendiary Devices.
Module 02 - Firearms and Ammunition.
Module 03 - Detection of Firearms, Ammunition, Explosives and Incendiaries.
Module 04 - Human Injuries.
Module 05 - Chemical, Biological, Radiological and nuclear weapons (CBRN).
Module 06 - Dangerous Goods (DG).
Module 07 - Instructor Module.
COURSE DATES FOR 2022/2023:
6th February 2023 - London Heathrow Airport (LHR).
3rd April 2023 - London Heathrow Airport (LHR).
21st April 2023 - Belfast International Airport (BFS) - NEW LOCATION!
5th June 2023 - London Heathrow Airport (LHR).
6th October 2023 - Belfast International Airport (BFS) - NEW LOCATION!
4th September 2023 - London Heathrow Airport (LHR).
8th November 2023 - London Heathrow Airport (LHR).
DISCOUNTS & CORPORATE RATES:
1. First person from the company attends - 10% off (Must be booked 60 days or more of start date).
2. Second person onwards from the company attends - 20% (Must be booked 60 days or more of start date).
1. We can offer an in-house course at your location; you would require a minimum of four delegates.
WHAT DO I REQUIRE TO ATTEND THE COURSE?
1. You must have a role or starting a role that requires the qualification.
2. You must meet the background requirements to attend UK AVSEC training.
3. You must have completed the RFX initial or RFX recurrent within the last 36 months.