Overview of the course:
This course is designed to provide persons who screen air cargo and mail with the knowledge and skills needed to deliver effective screening. Also to provide those supervising and managing persons carrying out screening or other applying security controls for air cargo or mail with the relevant knowledge and skills to provide effective security in accordance with the relevant legislation.
1. Any new type of IED or IID that has emerged since training was last undertaken.
2. Any new method of concealment that has emerged since training was last undertaken
3. Any recent examples of the discovery of concealed prohibited articles which may have occurred since training was last undertaken
1. Any novel methods of concealment identified since the last instance of training.
2. Any changes to the application of established screening methods at the trainee’s workplace since training was last undertaken.
This course is an Instructor led session using powerpoint, training aids, recap sessions, group discussions/activities and videos.
At the end of each module there will be a group question and answer recap session.
Learners will be given access to inert training aids such as firearms, ammunition, explosive and incendiary devices and materials.
This course is delivered every two weeks and can be requested ad hoc depending on availability and location.
Once initial training has been completed, recurrent training for all persons that carry out screening activities is required at least every 24 months
Provision of this training is mandatory for any person employed to carry out any of the activities listed below:
Persons implementing screening of air cargo or mail
Person supervising the persons implementing security controls for air cargo or mail
Learner self-declaration for specific learning difficulties/barriers:
Learners will be provided with a link if they would like to declare any learning difficulties or barriers such as English is not their first language. This should be submitted as early as possible to allow the trainer sufficient time to make any reasonable adjustments.
Online training courses can only be booked for your own use.
Booking for multiple participants or for anyone other than yourself
is only available to contracted customers.
If you would like to find out more details about our training courses and contracts,
please contact us.